All of us have had bad hair days and times when our makeup just wasn’t right. Do you want to risk that on your wedding day? Here are some reasons and tips for hiring a professional:
• Whether you wear your hair up or down, it needs to hold the style throughout the day and evening without looking stiff or being uncomfortable. A professional knows how to provide this.
• Make sure the vendor is available for your wedding date before scheduling a trial run. Take pictures of yourself once you have selected the hair style and makeup that is the look you desire. If possible, schedule your formal bridal picture for the same day.
• A makeup artist knows how to give you a flawless and cohesive look, in person and under the lights of a photographer, but make sure the person is experienced in bridal makeup. If possible, pay for your bridesmaids to have these services as well. With high definition photographs, professional makeup will last longer and look better.
• In choosing the right vendor, ask yourself the following: Did she ask me questions and listen to my preferences? Is she experienced? Was she attentive or did I feel like she was rushing through the appointment? Does she have references and photographs of former clients?
• Make sure to get a signed contract with specific times and dates, and book as soon as possible. Confirm the date and time a week before the wedding and address any last minute questions.
Remember this is your day and all eyes will be on you!