Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf sliced white bread, crusts removed
- 1 pinch lemon pepper
- Place cucumber slices in between two paper towels in a colander. Allow liquid to drain for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on one side of each bread slice.
- Divide cucumber slices over half of the bread slices, then sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Stack the other half of bread slices with spread sides down over the cucumber slices to make sandwiches.
**Each sandwich can be halved to become finger sandwiches.
- 2 medium-sized peaches, peeled and diced
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 bottle Prosecco, champagne or dry sparkling wine
- Puree peaches, water, lemon juice and sugar in a blender until smooth.
- Fill a champagne flute a quarter full of the puree, then top off with Prosecco, champagne or sparkling wine.
Italian Wedding Cookies
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups finely ground almonds
- 4 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter with a mixer for 15 seconds. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and salt. Beat until light, fluffy and pale in color. Add almonds and vanilla. Blend in flour gradually, and mix well to incorporate.
- Shape dough into balls. Place onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and roll into extra confectioners’ sugar.