Special event rentals come in all shapes and sizes – right away you think of tents, tables and chairs – but what about lounge furniture or a dance floor, and more fun items such as brightly colored linens and elegant stemware? We’ve put together a list of tips and advice from the professionals at Party Reflections – call it your rental Top 10 – to keep in mind when you begin gathering some of the crucial elements of your wedding celebration.
- If you’re planning to party in the great outdoors, a “rain plan” is essential to the success of your wedding. The one thing you can’t control is the weather, and if your ceremony, reception or both will take place outside, it’s much more difficult and much more costly to be scrambling to secure a tent on the Friday before your big day.
- Listen to and trust our event consultants. There are so many details that come together for your big day and endless choices that can be overwhelming if you tackle them on your own; just like your professional planner overseeing your entire event, they can secure rentals with resources and options you wouldn’t find on your own.
- With a design center located right in our showroom, you can come in and actually create your wedding look onsite, while assembling chairs, linens, china, glassware and flatware to get a vision of the finished product. (Hint: You can also access the rental inventory on our website, and see real-life wedding photos of products on our social media pages.)
- Since special event rental companies invest in large quantities of inventory, it’s easy for clients to incorporate a current popular color or a trendy pattern into the party theme. The wider your resources, the more likely you’ll be to find that one shade of table linen you’ve had your heart set on.
- If you’re thinking glass votives – or even the always-adorable Mason jars – why would you want to wash and store a hundred or so of them after the wedding? Rent them, and the rental company takes care of all those post-celebration chores.
- Certain times of the year are busiest for wedding vendors, and if you’re marrying in May or October, for example, or around the holidays, secure your rentals early so the style and quantity of everything you need is available and confirmed.
- “Why can’t my fiancé and I simply pick up the farm table for our reception?” Great question, but there are some items that are not available for pick up based on size and weight. Let your event consultant determine the safest options for pick up and return of all your rentals.
- “One of my gold Chiavari chairs has a scuff on the leg.” While our team works to ensure the quality of each product that goes out the door – inspecting, cleaning, touching-up or replacing as needed – a rental chair is only new once. Working with trusted professionals, however, does ensure you’ll be given the highest quality product possible.
- In general, you’ll always need more napkins – and wine glasses and silverware – than your exact number of guests, and napkins are often rented in increments of 10. Glasses spill over and unexpected guests show up, so play it safe with a few extras of all the essentials.
- Ask questions! Wedding planning can be overwhelming, and our team of professionals can make suggestions to ensure that rentals fit in to your process effortlessly.
Party Reflections has now expanded into the Triad with an even broader inventory of upscale rental products while keeping that same flawless customer service its customers have grown to love. Family owned and a trusted name throughout the Carolinas, Party Reflections now reaches clients from locations in Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro and Columbia. See the selection of must-have rentals at partyreflections.com, and reach the Triad office at 336.852.6085.