By Kimberly Williams, Weddings by the Vine
Debating hiring a wedding consultant? There are so many reasons why you should, but without tooting a horn, here are three things to ponder:
- How many stories of mishaps (or worse) have you heard from brides after the wedding?
- Why take a chance at your wedding, which is one of the most important days of your life?
- How many weddings have you planned?
What about the cost? Some planners will provide you with a custom quote based on the specific items you need – don’t be afraid to ask questions as every wedding is unique and your quote should be, too. Please, please, please ask the wedding consultant about their background! Notably, how many weddings they have handled, their education, certifications, association memberships and the like…it really makes a difference!
So, if you just want numbers:
- Full service usually costs between 10% – 20% of your total budget
- Day-of-event coordination is usually a flat fee between $500 – $2,000
Remember these points to ponder when you’re considering the cost of a planner. Good luck!