BY SARA WILES
Whether you’re hosting a shower or providing small bites for your bridal party, it is always fun to have bridal-inspired refreshments to complement your big day! From something sweet to something to sip on, here are a few ideas to keep your festivities fun and refreshing.
Sparkling Raspberry Sherbet Punch
1 container raspberry sherbet
1 can limeade concentrate
1, 2-liter Sprite or lemon-lime soda
1, 64-ounce container of cran-apple juice
1 container fresh raspberries
⅓ pineapple, cut into chunks
- In a punch bowl, combine limeade concentrate, cran-apple juice and ⅓ of the Sprite. Stir until all liquids are combined.
- Add sherbet, raspberries and pineapple chunks. Add in additional Sprite for extra bubbles, and serve.
Tip: The night before, simply scoop sherbet and freeze in plastic-lined muffin tin. Add to your punch right before serving to have sherbet last longer throughout serving period.
Moscato Strawberry Lemonade
1 bottle pink Moscato wine
6 cups lemonade
¼ cup strawberry vodka
Frozen strawberry slices
Fresh lemon slices
Fresh mint for garnish, if desired
- Combine Moscato, lemonade, vodka, strawberries and lemon slices into pitcher. Stir to combine thoroughly. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
Individual Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
1 roll sugar cookie dough
1, 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
⅓ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 kiwi fruit
1 cup halved or sliced strawberries
½ cup fresh blueberries
½ cup fresh raspberries
½ cup green grapes
½ cup apple jelly
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Break cookie dough and press into pan evenly. Bake 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture. Stir jelly until smooth and spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until cooled, at least one hour. To serve, cut into wedges or squares.
Tip: Make individual pizzas by purchasing premade sugar cookies or bake refrigerated dough according to the package. Follow all other directions, but layer fruit, cream cheese and jelly on each individual cookie.